Friday, August 2, 2013

The Plunge


I like to swim warm water!  This year our first open water practice swim was MISERABLE.  The water was so cold that I could not make myself put me head in the water.  I swam the whole thing with my head up and my confidence was shaken.  I just could not bring myself to fork over the money for a wetsuit, so I continued to suffer.  Don’t get me wrong the suffering did not last long, because I live in East Texas and it gets warm pretty fast, but I still do not like suffering!

I’m looking at completing Ironman 70.3 next April in Galveston and I would need a wetsuit.  I’ve been searching for a while and I just found a great deal!  I got a used Xterra Vortex on the Xterra website!  The suit came yesterday and it looks brand new!  I’m so glad that I took the plunge to get a wetsuit, now my first open water plunge next spring will not be so difficult!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment