Friday, August 9, 2013

Got my Run Mojo Back!

So I had my worst run ever at The River Cities Tri on Sunday.  My side hurt so badly and it continued to be a little sore on Monday and Tuesday.  I was concerned, well afraid, of how I would run this week.  Well, after a 30 minute bike ride on my indoor trainer I completed a 1.82 mile, 15 min brick run on Wednesday (avg 8:15 min/mile).  Yesterday afternoon I completed a 4.5 mile speed workout (8:43 min/mile).  I made sure that I hydrated thoroughly throughout the day.

Although these two runs were difficult, I did not hurt anything like I did on Sunday.  Maybe my pain threshold is higher, I always seem to bounce back and perform really well after a difficult and painful workout!

This experience has brought out my philosophical side an I would like to close with a couple of inspirational quotes.

“Tough times don't last but tough people do."   - A.C. Green

“Suffering is an extraordinary teacher.” - Ryan Hall, U.S. Olympic marathoner


 

No comments:

Post a Comment