Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Crazy?!?


I’m contemplating Ironman Texas in May 2014.  Yes, I’m afraid.  Can I do this?  I think about it daily.  Is it that I fear the unknown?  I’ve never pushed myself that far mentally or physically.  I feared the marathon for years before I finally settled down, trained, and completed my first and only in December 2012.  I now regret not completing a marathon sooner, I had a mental block.

Is it a commitment issue, can I commit and sustain that level of training for that period of time?  I’ve got to be all in.  That means focus, training, nutrition, rest, planning, organization, gear, and no telling what else.

I have my last sprint triathlon on Sept. 14, 2013 and I’m planning on a half marathon in November.  After my tri and a short rest break I’m going to start building my swim and bike base.  I have only recently gained confidence in my swimming abilities.  I’ve been using a CycleOps indoor bike trainer and I feel that I’m also getting stronger on the bike. 

Although I will begin pre-training this fall, I think I will make my final decision in January 2014! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment