Friday, August 23, 2013

My Favorite Things – It’s the small things that count!

It is getting to be Christmas list time.  I always like to include items that are inexpensive, so I thought I would discuss a few of my favorite workout necessities.

Moving Comfort Sports Bra

I completed my first marathon in December 2012.  I had cotton sportsbras from Walmart and during my long runs they started to chaf my chest.  I would literally have the bloody outline of a sportsbra across my chest and shoulders.   By the time it healed I would have another long run.  After the marathon I decided that I needed to reward myself with a new sportsbra.  I went to Varsity Sports in Baton Rouge and I tried on several types of Moving Comfort sportsbras but as soon as I put on the Vixen I knew it was the one.  I haven’t had any chaffing with the Vixen. My advice:  Go to a running store try on several and put the one you love on your list.  I still just have the one but I’m going to put this on 2 different lists! 
 
 
Feetures Socks

When someone tells me they are going to start running I always recommend they get a few pairs of running specific socks.  These changed my life.  I started using these socks about 5 years ago and I have not had one blister!  I compete in triathlons, marathons, half-marathons, 10Ks, and 5Ks year round.  It’s hot and humid in East Texas for a good portion of the year and my feet look great.  They come in many styles and several colors, I like the no show tabs.

http://www.feeturesbrand.com/




















Bani Bands
I have straight hair but occasionally I have a few strands that will not stay put.  I also have a really small head and I have had difficulty finding a head band that will stay on my head.  I’ve had to look no further, Bani Bands are adjustable and they do not move.  They are also not supper tight; I often forget I even have one on.  I prefer the 3/8” width, but they come in many sizes, colors, and prints.

www.banibands.com





 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment