Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Simple Life at the Deer Camp

Every December through early January we go deer hunting in Bienville, LA.  I hunt every weekend and during the Christmas holidays with friends and family.  At the deer camp life is just simple.   We cook breakfast, hunt, have a picnic lunch, hunt some more, cook supper, and visit/play dominos.  Sometimes I manage to fit in a run but I don’t stress if time doesn’t allow for me to get in a workout.   I do find time to read, crochet, and knit.  I find these simple activities very pleasurable and although we have a TV in the camp I rarely watch it and we don’t have internet.  For me this is a built in rest, relax, and recuperation period.

It is so nice to be outdoors for the majority of the day and there is nothing like hearing the hounds trailing and running a deer.  The thrill of the chase, talking on our CB radios, and trying to get a shot is so much fun.  Each year at the end of deer season I vow to get outdoors more during the rest of the year.  2015 is no different, I’m going to try to get outdoors and enjoy activities other than working out!  I’m also going to try to make life as simple as possible!

 

Me in my usual hunting get-up with my beloved Benelli 12-guage shotgun!

No comments:

Post a Comment