Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Year in Review

1. Sometimes it’s about the journey and not your race time.  Just take a look back at my Ironman Texas race report.  I was coming off possibly my best race ever, Ironman Texas 70.3 in Galveston, and I was primed and ready to ROCK Ironman Texas.  Well, it didn’t turn out the way I anticipated but I’m so proud of my performance.  During the race all my pacing goals went out the window and I had the time of my life!

2. There is no such thing as a bad race or a bad workout.  Even though at times my performance fell short of my expectations there was a reason why.  Again, look at my Ironman Texas race.  I’ve analyzed all the events that took place before and during the race and I’ve some to the conclusion that my overall nutrition was lacking.  Therefore, this year I’m concentrating on nutrition throughout my training.   In another instance, I completed a short sprint tri about a month after Ironman Texas and I had to walk twice during the 5k run.  Holy cow, I was an Ironman and I was reduced to walking in a sprint tri!  I immediately emailed my coach and she told me this was completely normal.  This episode kicked off a summer full of speed work.  Now, I’m stronger than ever!

3. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.  I need to improve on my nutrition and in the back of my mind I knew this last year.  I don’t know why, but I just didn’t ask for help.  This year I have already asked for help.  I’m getting more advice about hydration and nutrition.  I can’t wait to see the results of my new hydration/nutrition plan!
So here’s to a better, faster, stronger 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment