Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ask and You Shall Receive

When I registered for IMTX 2015 the pain of the bike portion of IMTX 2014 was still fresh on my mind.  I told my coach that I really wanted to focus on the bike this year.  My race plan is to:  Survive the swim, have a solid bike ride, and run the run (well most of it anyway).  Well, that’s exactly what I’m getting, 4 bike workouts a week, 2 run workouts, and 1-2 swim workouts.  My coach told me that I should be good friends with my bike by the time IMTX rolls around.  What can I say? I asked for it!

Of course, it’s hard work.  But all I have to do is remember the way I felt at mile 105 (I wanted to die) and the T2 tent (at that point, death really seemed like the best option).  For more details see me IMTX 2014 race report.  I NEVER want to feel like that again.  So the only way to get better is to practice harder.  Now that I know what’s in store for me the hard workouts don’t seem too bad. 

The lesson: Push yourself hard and explore your limits.  Then use that knowledge and those emotions to push yourself even harder.  Before you know it you will be accomplishing your goals!

For me, IMTX 2014 pushed me to my limit.  I know what I have to work on.  Every time I get tired or discouraged I go back to how I felt during the race.  I survived it and I can survive these workouts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment