Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pumpin’ Iron for Ironman


Last year my husband and I started lifting weights 4 mornings a week.  I really enjoyed it, especially spending that extra time with him.  He got a new job this fall and it took a little while, well until Feb., to get his employees and their work hours straight.  We decided to start back to lifting weights this week!  I have taken it easy because I have some difficult/long IM cardio workouts in the afternoons.  I’ve decided to do lower weight with more reps and also focus on warming up and stretching after the workout (I’m notorious for not ever stretching).  Although I’m sore, I can tell that I’m just a tidbit more flexible.  Not only am I getting to spend quality time with my husband but I’m forcing myself to stretch. Sounds like a win win to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment