Monday, February 24, 2014

Letter to IMTX


Dear Ironman Texas,

I have been training for you for 6 weeks and you are always on my mind.  Although the physical training is tough the mental aspect of training is tougher.  I think about you constantly, I think about you when I’m working, eating, sleeping, resting, hanging out with friends and family.  I take you into consideration when making most decisions.  For example, do I really want to eat those potato chips, or will I regret it on my 2 hour run this afternoon?  No, I don’t want to go shopping because I need to rest and stay off my feet.  On Saturday night, no I don’t want to stay up late and have a glass of wine; I have a 4 hour bike ride tomorrow!

Although I’m enjoying this close relationship I’m already looking forward to parting ways with you on May 18, 2014. 

Sincerely,
The Rustic Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment