Friday, February 7, 2014

My Country Playlist

When I was getting out of the car this morning at my parent’s local convenient store I heard a rooster crowing and it made me think about how much I enjoy living in the country. 

For some reason I have never listened to music while running or biking outdoors.  Now indoors, that’s a different situation, I watch TV.  I prefer and often run on the dirties (the dirt roads)!  My playlist consists of the sounds of nature.  I know, it sounds corny but it really does help me relax.  It helps me to remember the simple life and being a kid.  I have also learned to enjoy my own company and I believe it has made me mentally tougher.  I have to rely on myself to concentrate and stay motivated during a long workout.

So the next time you are stressed and overloaded take off without your music and/or technology.  I bet that by the time you get back you will have all life’s problems figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment