Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Beginning of IMTX Training


So I signed up for Ironman Texas 2014!  We had our meeting last night and needless to say, I’m somewhat nervous AGAIN!  I took 2 weeks off during the holidays because of travel and now with the frigid temperatures I’m finding it difficult to get back into training mode.  I had rather be curled up beside our fireplace with a cup of something hot with a book!  I scored some fabulous tri gear for Christmas, here is what I got:

  • Garmin Forerunner 910XT – I am super excited about this watch!  I have been using a Forerunner 110 and I loved it.  So far I have completed 2 runs and 1 trainer bike ride with the 910 and I can already see the benefits.  I have a Powertap and the 910XT gives me so much more data and I haven’t even swam with it yet.

  • Camelback Podium water bottles – I had one of these in the smaller version and I decided that I needed 2 matching ones for my XLAB rear hydration system.  I always have trouble getting the top of the bottle open and getting it back closed; somehow I always end up sticky.  Well, these bottles are the solution.

  • Moving Comfort Vixen Sports BraThe absolute best, no chaffing whatsoever.  It is also slightly padded so it helps flatter the figure and smooth everything out
  • Brooks Ghost 6 – This is my favorite shoe and this version seems a little lighter than previous versions.  I also love the pink and navy color scheme!

     
  • OakleyHalf-Jacket Accessory Lenses in H.I. Yellow – I haven’t worn these yet, but I do have these lenses in dark grey polarized and I often find them too dark when riding my bike or running on the dirt roads where there is dappled sunshine.  But I do need some type of glasses, especially when riding the bike because my eyes water.  I hope these work!
     
  • The Stick TravelStick – I have tight hamstrings and I usually get my husband to rub me down with a tennis ball.  I have used this a few times and it feels great, I can also bring it to work with me.




Now that I’m geared up I hope that my motivation gears up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment