Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Garmin 910XT Review

So I got this wonder watch for Christmas from my dear husband.  I have been so excited about it because I’m a data junkie!  I have used this watch during my first week of Ironman Texas training.  Here goes my review for each sport.

Running – I have completed some long runs and one interval run.  I have been using a Garmin Forerunner 110 so I was used to a GPS running watch.  However, the Garmin 910XT has more features that I really liked!  I like that I can customize the screen to show up to 4 data fields.  Currently, I use the time, pace, and distance fields.  I was curious and apprehensive about using the interval function.  I wasn’t sure that it would keep my total distance, but after I used it I absolutely loved it.  I set up the workout that included a warm-up, intervals, and cool-down. I also like that the watch beeps and vibrates.   I really enjoyed the little song that was played at the end of the workout!  Hey it’s the little things that count!

Bike – I have used the watch on the trainer and on an outdoor ride.  I have a power meter and I love that all my data is stored on one device and can be transferred to Training Peaks.  I do not have the bike mount so I turn the watch around so that it is on the inside of my wrist.  I can easily see the display screen while in aero position.

Swim – I have only used the watch once for swimming in a 25 yard pool.  I had a little difficulty keeping up with my laps.  My workout consisted of a warm-up, drills, main set, and cool-down.  I did not realize that the watch would not count the laps in which I used a kickboard!  My coach told me to stop the watch after every set and she recommended that I read DC Rainmaker’s Review.

Overall – LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this watch!!! All my data is stored in one place and can easily be transferred to Garmin Connect or Training Peaks.  The more I use this watch the more I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment