Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Corn, and not the good kind!


I have had feet issues over the past year.  I have always had a few calluses but a few rubs with a pumice stone a couple of times a week have taken care of them.  Then, last year I got plantar warts.  Gross, right!  After several treatments over a couple of months with Dr. Scholl’s Corn Removers my plantar warts were gone!   I would leave the corn pad and medicated disc on for 2 days, then cut the dead skin away with a pair of pointy finger nail clippers, then rub with a pumice stone.  I was sooooo excited to finally be rid of them! 

Then about a month ago my heel started hurting and I thought that I had a stone bruise.  The pain got worse and worse and then my other heel started to hurt.  I noticed these hard calluses looking things on my heels.  After some internet research, I realized that they were CORNS!  I thought that a callus and corn was the same thing, but boy was I wrong. The calluses were just annoying, the corns were Painful!  After more treatments with Dr. Scholl’s, cutting away the dead skin, and rubbing with a pumice stone, I’m finally seeing some progress.  Last night I decided to put Aquaphor (which is the best stuff ever) on the corns and cover with a band-aid for the day. Hopefully, this will help soften the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment