Friday, November 1, 2013

Splish-Splash I was taking a Mudbath


It was pouring rain yesterday and it is supposed to rain all day today, so I decided to just get my hour long interval run completed yesterday afternoon.  I hate running on a treadmill, so I don’t have one.  That left me with two options, run for at the local track or hit the dirt roads.  For some reason an hour long interval run (10 min. warm-up, (2min HARD + 3min slow) X 8, 10 min cool-down) at the track did not appeal to me.  I love running at the track but only for certain workouts and this was not one of them.  I decided to go with option 2:  running on the dirt roads or as we sometimes call them, “the dirties.”  It was lightly sprinkling rain when I left my house and the roads did not seem that messy.  As I got further from my house, the roads started getting really sloppy.  I had to finally face the music and run through the mud.  Then, I had a truck pass me and he didn’t even slow down.  He splashed mud all over the entire left side of my body.  I was a little ticked but it made me feel tough!  I couldn’t wait to get home and show off my toughness to my husband.  As I got to my turn around spot the rain got harder and it continuously got harder and harder on the way back home.  I decided to cut my run short by 10 minutes.  Needless to say, all my mud got washed off.  My husband got worried and came looking for me and insisted that I get in the truck with him at 40 minutes into my run (around 4.5 miles).  So much for my toughness! 

 Product Review – Brooks Ghost

I love my Brooks Ghost, they are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I have ever worn.  I haven’t ever worn them during muddy conditions because I usually have trail shoes (Brooks Cascadia)  but I just haven’t gotten a new pair of Cascadia’s.  I ran in my Brooks Ghost and they worked great.  I didn’t slip or lose traction one time. This proved to me that the Brooks Ghost are great all around shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment