Thursday, November 14, 2013

Treadmill Hill/Interval Workout – Mind Over Matter


I have been a runner for years and I have NEVER completed a treadmill run.  I have done some elliptical workouts and I ride my bike on the indoor trainer but in my mind, running on a treadmill was impossible for me.  I run outdoors in all sorts of weather conditions, but because of the time change, getting home near dark, and my recent run-ins with rattlesnakes I decided to give the treadmill at my local gym a try.  I had a 1:08 hill/interval run planned.  I really enjoy interval bike workouts on my indoor trainer so I thought this would be a good place to start.

Well, I just made up my mind that I was going to complete the run on the treadmill and I did.  Nothing fancy, no deep inspiration, just mind of matter.  It wasn’t that bad but I felt like I would have run faster outdoors.  I guess it will take me time to get used to it!  I’m I looking forward to my next treadmill run, not really, but I do look forward to completing workouts.  So, if running on a treadmill is what it takes, then I know that I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment