Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Treed by a Rattlesnake!


I am officially protesting the time change!  Monday, I rushed home and rode for 25 minutes on my trainer and then started my 45 minute brick run.  Yes, it was getting dusky dark but I’m a country girl and the dark doesn’t scare me.  I ran toward what we call, “The Bottom.”  It’s a big creek that is 1.5 miles from my house; the road has gorgeous trees on each side.  This is the perfect 3 mile route, and then I run back by my house, past my parent’s house and to the highway for 1 mile.  It’s the perfect 5 mile run.  The road toward my parent’s house is black-topped so I can see things on it pretty clearly and after I turned around and headed back to my house I saw a 3 ft. rattlesnake stretched across the middle of the road.  It was just dark enough that I couldn’t tell which way it was going so I decided to just wait him out.  It eventually got dark and I was alone with a rattlesnake, now this kinda scared this country girl.  But after about 10 minutes someone came by in a car and ran him off.  I then began the ½ mile walk home, needless to say, my husband was not too happy.  This is the second time I have been treed by a rattlesnake on an out-and-back run, of course, both times I paused my Garmin!

No comments:

Post a Comment