Tuesday, March 17, 2015

New Bike and First Ride

I went last fall to the TriShop in Plano, TX to get a proper bike fit.  Although the Javelin fit me better I had the feeling that I would be more comfortable and confident on a new bike.  The Javelin is 8-10 years old and bike technology had come along way.

I decided that with Ironman Texas fast approaching it was not or never!  So I took off work Friday and my grandparents and I headed to Plano at 6:30 a.m. in the pouring rain.  I had already been emailing the Tri Shop and they had my measurements from my last fit.  When we arrived Trent already had a Felt B14 set up for me.  I took my Cobb Fifty-Five JOF and my 650 wheelset.  I used my own wheels because I have a Powertap hub. 

I also got new bike shoes that are tri specific.  I could tell right off that this bike was going to be more comfortable.  Trent Nix, my bike fitter, had been to the wind tunnel with John Cobb the week before and he gave me some pointers.  Overall, I got 5 star service from the Tri Shop!




My First Ride
The weather has been terrible so I’ve only ridden outside twice this year.  A tri bike is more difficult to ride because the steering is touchy.  So I was a little nervous attempting an 80 mile ride outside on a new bike.  I chose to ride a 20 mile route 4 times. So I would ride out 10 miles and back 10 miles to get more nutrition and hydration.  The first 40 miles were pretty easy, the next 20 miles weren’t bad, but the last 20 were more difficult.  Overall, I had a great ride.  More importantly, my legs felt good on my brick run!


 
Pimped out with XLAB bottle cages!

No comments:

Post a Comment