Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Living Life to the Fullest


I haven’t written a blog post since my uncle suddenly passed away in early February.  He was only 50 years old and he was in good health.  He was an avid outdoorsman, a businessman, and pillar of the community.  In fact, he is the person who introduced me to cycling.  He treated me like a daughter and I’m very close to my aunt and cousins.  Although I’m back at work and busy training, mentally I just haven’t been able to gather and organize my thoughts into a good post.  So why not start with this post?

My uncle was always up for an adventure.  He traveled the country with his family in a motorhome and on his Harley Davidson.  He has hunted many species in Africa.  I mean he had a guide and they tracked the animals down on foot.  He’s hunted bear in Canada and fished in Mexico.  My uncle lived life to the fullest.

I’m going to try to follow his example and live my life to the fullest.  I’m going to make the most out of every opportunity! 

 
 
This is picture of myself at the Freeze you Fanny bike ride.  It was held the weekend after my uncle passed away.  I rode 50 miles to honor and celebrate his life!  It was a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment