Monday, October 13, 2014

Get Over It, Go Run!

I was tired yesterday; I did NOT want to run.  Even though I was off work last week I was just plain tired.  I cleaned out closets and my cousin and I had a garage sale on Friday and Saturday.  We had a late night at the football game Friday and Saturday night at the deer camp.  Then I got up early to provide support for my run group.  I was so tired that I feel asleep after lunch while reading (I never nap).  For some reason my feet and legs ached.  Finally, I thought, “ENOUGH, no more excuses!  Just go run!”  That’s exactly what I did.  I hopped up, changed clothes, got water and nutrition together, and ran.  Yes, I felt sluggish but I pushed on.  I was tired after the run but my legs weren’t achy and I was in a much better mood.  Lesson:  You don’t have to feel good or ready to run.  If it’s on your schedule and you are not deathly ill, just go run!


Me before the run.  I agreed to carry water and nutrition for my husband too, the things we do for love! J

No comments:

Post a Comment