Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Back to the Basics: One Foot in Front of the Other

Because I’m running the East Texas Half Marathon on Nov. 16 I’ve been focusing more on the run and I started to notice that my right knee has been hurting (it’s usually the left that hurts) especially when I’m pushing off.  On one hill workout I couldn’t even accelerate up the hill but I felt fine when running on the track.  I was starting to get a little worried; I am signed up for Ironman Texas 2015!  Before I could go into full blown panic mode, I noticed that my form was getting sloppy and I sometimes turned my toes slightly outward.  I guess this caused some type of pressure on my knee.  So lately I’ve been really focusing on my form and literally putting one foot in front of the other (toes in) and my knee has felt better.  I’m glad that I noticed before I became injured and stressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment