Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Itching for 2nd Ironman


I completed IMTX on May 17, 2014.  It was a miserable day but I LOVED it!  I still can’t believe that I’m an Ironman and I thing about it daily.  During training (Feb.) I posted the following:  Letter to IMTX. Well, it’s still true.  While I was happy to part ways Ironman is still on my mind.  May be I put a lot of pressure on myself during training, I’ve never not finished something.  Now that I know what it’s all about I want to do better, I’m ready to have that drive and focus again.  Sure, I do have a goal now to get faster on sprint tri’s and I have a half-marathon coming up but it’s not Ironman.  I struck a compromise with my husband that I would do an Ironman every other year and so far he’s holding firm.  But I haven’t given up yet.  (I have already reserved hotel rooms for my entire family for IMTX May 2015!)

No comments:

Post a Comment