Thursday, September 11, 2014

Heartbroken: My tri bike broke

My beloved Javelin Arcole broke on Labor Day, I was heartbroken.  The piece that holds on the front derailleur broke off.  It was welded onto the aluminum frame.  After numerous calls to the manufacturer and bike shops I finally found someone in my small hometown to fix it.  He built a whole new bracket and bolted it to the frame.  I could not be happier, it’s is stronger and better than ever.  My father owns a convenient store in our small town and we know just about everyone.  I felt good knowing that I could trust the welder with my bike.  That’s one of the things that I love about living in a small town.  We are ready for our last tri of the season this weekend.  Rose City Triathlon here we come!

Broken


 

Fixed with new bracket
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment