Monday, September 22, 2014

Running Refocus

Now that my official triathlon season is completed I’m looking forward to refocusing my efforts on my first love, RUNNING!  Since I’ve traditionally been a strong runner I have been focusing on swimming and cycling. The hard work has paid off because I’ve gotten stronger and faster in both areas; however, my running has stalled out.  It’s not that I haven’t been working hard and making gains, the improvement just hasn’t been as pronounced as my swimming and cycling gains.  Mentally running has not been my main focus.  Since I completed Ironman Texas in May I know my engine is stronger but I’ve just got to get it fine-tuned and revved up.  Overall, I feel that I’m strong and I can recover faster.  I’m hoping to break my half-marathon PR of 1:46:22 that I ran in 2013 at the Cowtown Half-Marathon.  Hey, it doesn’t hurt to work hard and dream big!

No comments:

Post a Comment