Tuesday, October 22, 2013

2013 Tri Season Complete, Now What?


I completed my last tri of the season on Sept. 14.  I took one week off and I found myself really enjoying the afternoons sipping coffee and reading a good book on the back porch with my dogs and cats. But there was this little voice inside my head screaming for exercise!

Last year I decided to complete a marathon in December, so I had a goal that helped me maintain my focus.  Since starting this post I have begun my off season training.  I swim once a week and usually bike 2-3 days and run 2-3 days.  I feel normal again and my goal of Ironman Texas seems attainable.  I hope this optimistic attitude continues to hang around. 

So, I guess I do have a goal, Ironman Texas in May 2014!  Everyone I talk to is afraid of the swim but I’m worried more about the bike.  I’m not a strong swimmer but I think I can survive 2.4 miles and make the cutoff time.  112 miles on a bike is another story, I hope I get more confidence as my training progresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment