Monday, February 2, 2015

My First Month of Ironman Training

My IM goals for this year are:  Train harder and eat better (eat more).

I’m definitely training harder, especially on the bike and swim.  I have been looking back at my training log from last year and my average power on the bike has increased.  I’m also swimming longer and I feel more comfortable in the water. This year I have also continued strength training four days a week.

I started logging my food intake and cardio exercise in My Fitness Pal because I really had no clue how much I should eat.  Right now, on the days I train I usually need 2500-3300 calories per day.  To me, that’s a lot of food especially when I eat mostly healthy foods.  So, I have really increased my caloric intake.

I believe that the increase in my caloric intake has helped me stay strong so that I can train harder.  So far, training and eating has been good!

No comments:

Post a Comment