Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sawdust and Chicken Feathers


Ahhh, my first bike ride during daylight savings!  I really like this time of year and so does everyone else.  Or everyone else seems busier and there is a lot more traffic on the roads during the afternoon.  I live in an area that has lots of timber and poultry farms.  Yes, chickens are grown on farms with long chicken houses and when the time comes they are hauled via 18-wheeler to the chicken plant.  The chicken houses are then cleaned out and the chicken manure is used to fertilize cow pastures. Now, I guess loggers can work longer days too, hence the increased amount of traffic. 

 Yesterday, when I was riding my bike, 18-wheeler trucks pulling trailers full of sawdust keep passing me!  There were also chicken feathers on the road.  All the extra traffic made for an interesting ride in which, I breathed sawdust and chicken feathers, not to mention smelling the chicken house fertilizer (chicken manure) that had been spread on all the beautiful pastures.  I felt like I was riding through a sawdust chicken feather tornado!  But at least everyone’s spirits seem happier now that it stays daylight later!

No comments:

Post a Comment