Sunday, March 3, 2013

Paint the Town Purple Fun Run Report


 
Distance:  3 miles
Time:  22:57 (1st place)

 So I didn’t run all week and my job has been crazy.  I’ve had a lot of reports due to I have been sitting at a computer and my back has been hurting.  Thursday evening I starting feeling achy and my throat was hurting.  I struggled through work Friday and I took nighttime cold medicine before I went to bed.  I have to feel really really really bad before I break down and take medicine.   We even got Pizza Hut and I didn’t really feel like eating.  I was dreading this race but I knew it was going to be a small event and I had given my word that I would be there. 

 Racing in a small town defiantly holds me more accountable.  I felt pretty good when I got up but it was cold and windy.  I just wanted to “Nest”, that is lounge around in my PJs all bundled up.  But I had given my word so I set off to the race.  The race was great and now that I’m back home “nesting” I’m so glad I went.  If it hadn’t been a small event in a small town I would have missed out a great race!

No comments:

Post a Comment