Friday, April 24, 2015

Lead-Up to Galveston 70.3

I’ve been distracted leaning up to this race (the race is this Sunday!).  Now that it’s only a few days away I’m feeling anxious and unprepared.  A couple of weeks ago I was in a boating accident and I hurt my knee.  I haven’t been able to run.  I’ve also been working on my dissertation.  I successfully defended my dissertation last week but I’ve been making the final edits.  So this race  kinda snuck up on me.  My knee is better but I haven’t run since April 12 and I’m concerned.  I know that I’m going to give it my all this weekend, I’m just plain ole competitive (even if it is with myself).  But I know that the end goal is Ironman on May 16.

The KNEE.  I’m heartbroken about this injury.  I just can’t believe it happened, it seems so unfair.  It appears like this year’s Ironman is going to be like last year; it’s going to be about overcoming obstacles.  But that’s the spirit of Ironman!

Overall, I’m excited about IM 70.3 Galveston.  NET has a huge group racing so it will be fun to get to hang out with fellow athletes and friends.  My wonderful husband and I are also making a long weekend out of it.  We are staying at Moody Gardens and at my Aunt’s beach house.  After months of grueling and time consuming training we are looking forward to this mini vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment